Engineer Systems Test 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) is looking for a Systems Test Engineer 3 to join their growing and diverse team. The position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Typical Duties include:
- Performing System Test and Integration tasks in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Working on flight aircraft as well as in a laboratory environment.
- Synthesizing customer contractual needs & requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Developing and executing comprehensive test plans, test procedures and test reports
- Providing a testability analysis of the requirements and an evaluation for completeness of the test program for all levels of testing.
- Generating test scripts in support of system integration and performance testing.
- Operating system equipment and test sets, support software checkout and troubleshooting
- Supporting requirement definition and testability
- Interacting with other engineering disciplines
- Participating during laboratory design which includes development and integration of test aids and test automation.
The candidate will need strong analytical & computational skills, in addition to hands on integration and troubleshooting experience, which can be achieved through either course work or actual work experience. The ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing environments is required. Candidate must be a self-starter, capable of multitasking and willing to support shift work or company travel, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) plus 9 years of engineering experience OR Master's degree in a STEM field plus 7 years of engineering experience
- Current active DoD Top Secret clearance with investigation in last 5 years
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Current SAP, or SCI clearance
- Experience leading teams of junior engineers
- Superior verbal and written communications skills to provide customer support
- Knowledgeable in MATLAB, LabView, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, NX, FORTRAN
- Experience with: C , JAVA, Pearl, Python
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience working on aircraft development platforms
- Some experience with planning, scheduling or cost accounting methods
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top