Engineer Systems Test 3 - Test Conductor - Flight Test
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) within the Aerospace Systems Engineering and Global Product Development (E&GPD) organization is looking for a Flight Test Engineer - Test Conductor 3 position, which will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Develop and publish test plans, test schedules and test procedures for developmental testing.
- Support test planning working groups, plan and conduct test readiness reviews, and conduct pre and post test briefings. Interface with test article design and analysis functions to develop test and test data requirements.
- Conduct test card development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and test operations personnel.
- Specify test article configurations and coordinate the integration of test modifications with engineering.
- Identify and coordinate the availability of test facilities and test ranges with cognizant company, subcontractor, and government agencies.
- Create and coordinate approval of test cards.
- Provide mission control room support and makes real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Participate in post-test data evaluation and problem identification and resolution.
- Maintain metrics on status of testing and constraints.
This position requires outstanding written and oral communications skills. Individual will be required to serve as focal point between maintenance, design engineering, and test site team. Individual must be able to work under only general direction to determine and develop approaches to solutions; must be able to work both within a team environment and independently; must be self-motivated, thorough, and detailed; and must be willing to learn additional engineering discipline areas.
- BS in STEM from an accredited university, plus 5 years of experience in test operations OR HS diploma plus 13 years experience in a technical capacity working on aircraft.
- Current active DoD Top Secret clearance required to start
- Must be able to obtain and maintain special program access to the SAP level.
- Willing and able to work non-standard shifts/overtime and travel for repeated short period
- Test experience of multiple disciplines, to include control room monitoring. Previous qualification as a Test Conductor
- Current SAP, or SCI clearance
- Experience in flight testing, with ability to work with engineering to develop solutions to integration issues, and to bridge between the customer users and Northrop Grumman designers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to brief test results to executive leadership
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top