Engineer Systems Test 3 - Grand Sky ND
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) is looking for a Systems Test Engineer 3 to join their growing and diverse team. The System Test Engineer will provide engineering support to a growing cross-functional team in support of standing up the new Northrop Grumman Grand Sky facility adjacent to Grand Forks AFB.
Typical duties include:
- Working with both local and remote teammates to integrate new capabilities into the facility by supporting integration into existing lab spaces, coordination of required facility changes to support installation, and leading the lab test activities and road mapping effort.
- Both hands-on tasks (e.g. executing test procedures and connecting LRUs) as well as developing and documenting a variety of engineering artifacts such as Integrated Test Plans, Lab test procedures and Test Summary Reports.
- Provide imaginative, thorough, and practicable technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems such as network configuration, integrating/testing server architectures, SIL layout/design and integrating hardware and software with geographically diverse assets.
- Working with geographically distributed teams at many levels of the organization.
- Working on tasks independently and creating detailed plans to accomplish high level tasking.
- Testing the end to end data flow through the system and verifying it meets customer requirements, while understanding the impacts of virtual and simulated hardware.
- Tools include – Spectrum Analyzer, Multi-Meter, Data Bus Analyzers, WireShark
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline (science, technical, engineering or mathematics) plus 5 Years engineering experience OR Master of Science degree in STEM plus 3 years engineering experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance required.
- Current DoD Secret or Top Secret or SCI clearance preferred.
- Familiarity with RF and Communications, digital systems or satellite communications and Communications related coursework (Signals and Systems, Communications Systems, Wireless Communications, RF Signal Transmission and/or Satellite Communications).
- Familiarity with handling and installation of coaxial and/or semi-rigid cables, waveguide and other electronic test equipment such as spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, vector signal analyzer, frequency counters, signal generators, sweep generators, function generators, noise figure meters, network analyzers, scalar analyzers, pulse generators, RF and microwave amplifiers, electronic loads, power meters, digital multimeters.
- Experience communicating verbally and written (email) with remote teams, and multiple levels in the organization.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is desirable: Operations and Training, Development and Test, System Integration Lab Testing, Design and installation of test equipment, Flight Test.
- UAS engineering experience is desirable, experience with RQ-4, MQ-1/9 engineering or operations is a plus.
- Experience working with Line of Sight and Satellite Systems communications / data links is a plus.
- Experience working in a diverse and dynamic team environment
- Experience in group projects, internships
- Demonstrated leadership though community service, professional organizations and/or honor societies.
- Knowledge of general electronic test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, frequency synthesizers and function generators, digital multi-meter.
- Familiarity with other electronic test equipment such as :Spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer vector signal analyzer a plus.
- Experience working both independently and under general supervision.
- Experience troubleshooting and performing anomaly resolution of test set and deliverable hardware.
- Experience generating and supporting disposition of discrepancy documentation.
- Should be able to support shift work including extended shifts, shift rotation, weekends and occasionally holidays.
- Should be able to travel in support of test activities, for both long and short durations.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top