Engineer Systems Test 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) within the Aerospace Systems Engineering and Global Product Development (E&GPD) organization have multiple openings for qualified applicants in the area of Flight Test Aircrew. SIT&E is responsible for manufacturing and assembly of space vehicle subsystems; assembly, integration and test of spacecraft buses and payloads; laboratory, ground and flight test of manned and unmanned aircraft; design, development and operations of aircraft System Integration Labs and both aircraft and spacecraft environmental labs; and the design and build of test instrumentation and data systems. It is our job to make sure our cutting edge products are ready to deploy to our customers and complete their missions. To this end, we employ Test Engineers, Test Conductors, Test Directors, Technicians, Design Engineers, Software Engineers, Data/Instrumentation Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Network Engineers, System Administrators, Test Pilots, Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Pilots, Weapons/Sensor Operators, and Mission Planners at operating locations in Rancho Bernardo, Palmdale and Edwards AFB, CA; Melbourne and St Augustine, FL; Patuxent River, MD; and MISC Offsite Locations.
This requisition is for applicants interested in working in Test and Evaluation -Test Director and Test Conductor. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and publish test plans, test schedules and test procedures for developmental testing.
- Support test planning working groups, plan and conduct test readiness reviews, and conduct pre and post test briefings. Interface with test article design and analysis functions to develop test and test data requirements.
- Conduct test card development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and test operations personnel.
- Specify test article configurations and coordinate the integration of test modifications with engineering.
- Identify and coordinate the availability of test facilities and test ranges with cognizant company, subcontractor, and government agencies.
- Create and coordinate approval of test cards.
- Provide mission control room support and makes real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Participate in post-test data evaluation and problem identification and resolution.
- Maintain metrics on status of testing and constraints.
- STEM Degreeplus5 years experience in test operations.
- Current Top Secret clearance required to start
- Must be able to obtain special access to a SAP.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard shifts/overtime and travel for repeated short periods is essential.
- Test experience of multiple disciplines, to include control room monitoring. Previous qualification as a Test Conductor
- Current SAP, or SCI clearance
- Experience in flight testing, with ability to work with engineering to develop solutions to integration issues, and to bridge between the customer users and Northrop Grumman designers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to brief test results to executive leadership
Back to top