Engineer Systems Test 2 - NATO AGS
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) is looking for a Systems Test Engineer 2 to join their growing and diverse team. The position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The NATO AGS Engineer Systems Test 2 is the primary point of contact for all system test activities on assigned aircraft.
Typical Duties include:
- Assist Air Vehicle Coordinator (AVC) in scheduling of tests, maintenance, and flight activity on assigned aircraft.
- Ensure that all work on aircraft is properly authorized.
- Coordinate daily with the AVC's, Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Technicians and Quality to support the Flight Test Schedule objectives.
- Responsible for all VTC operator related functions for special system tests, engine run and launch operations.
- Conduct and coordinate all ground testing on aircraft to include ATP's, DTP's, ITP's, and MOD's maintenance to include coordination of frequency clearance and sub-contractor coordination as required.
- Evaluate the NATO AGS system from the user's point of view to ensure the user's needs are being addressed.
- Write procedures for special tests, troubleshooting aircraft anomalies, and ground testing of aircraft systems, conduct tests, record and report results.
- Identify and resolve engineering issues affecting the aircraft by coordinating with responsible organizations for closure.
- Provide written documentation of all support equipment issues.
- If applicable submit to QA for tag to be written.
The candidate will need strong analytical & computational skills, in addition to hands on integration and troubleshooting experience, which can be achieved through either course work or actual work experience. The ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing environments is required. Candidate must be a self-starter, capable of multitasking and willing to support shift work or company travel, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) plus 2 years of engineering experience OR Master's degree in a STEM field plus 0 years of engineering experience
- Current active DoD Secret clearance with investigation in last 5 years
- Superior verbal and written communications skills to provide customer support
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience working on aircraft development platforms
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top