Engineer Systems Test 2 - DoD Secret Required
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) is looking for a Systems Test Engineer 2 to join their growing and diverse team. The position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Typical duties include:
- Perform System Test and Integration tasks in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Work on flight aircraft as well as in a laboratory environment.
- Synthesize customer contractual needs & requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans, test procedures and test reports,
- Provide testability analysis of the requirements and an evaluation for completeness of the test program for all levels of testing.
- Generate test scripts in support of system integration and performance testing.
- Operate system equipment and test sets
- Support software checkout and troubleshooting
- Support requirement definition and testability
- Interact with other engineering disciplines
- Be an active participant during laboratory design, which includes development and integration of test aids and test automation.
The candidate will need strong analytical & computational skills, in addition to hands on integration and troubleshooting experience, which can be achieved through either course work or actual work experience.
The ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing environments is required. Candidate must be a self-starter, capable of multitasking and willing to support shift work or company travel, as required.
- BS Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline, plus 2 years' engineering experience OR MS in STEM plus 0 years engineering experience
- Current Active DOD Secret security clearance required to start
- Must be able to support the conduct of tests plane-side, both indoors and outdoors.
- Able and willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts (including 2nd shift), weekends and holidays.
- Able and willing to do some short-term travel as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or electrical or aerospace engineering
- Systems test experience on Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) platforms.
- Acceptance testing on aircraft systems such as: Avionics, Fuels, Flight Controls, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Navigational, Sensors, and Propulsion.
- Experience communicating up and down the chain of command and presenting to high level executives and customers
- Coordination and communication of issues and status with production managers, maintenance personnel, and responsible engineers.
- Strong electrical/mechanical troubleshooting background
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top