Engineer Systems Modeling Simulation 3_San Diego
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Modeling and Simulation Engineer Level 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
Tasks will include both constructive and virtual modeling and simulation of UAVs.
The analyst will need strong C++/C# and Matlab experience.
Tasks include the modeling of airborne radar, EOIR, SIGINT and AIS sensors during flight and scenario development using tools such as JIMM and an understanding of DIS.
The candidate must have good oral and written communication skills and must be able to create top level briefings using MS PowerPoint to support management and customer presentations on simulation experiment results.
Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field andat least 5 years of applied engineering experience or 3 with a Master's degree
- Must have C++/C# and Matlab familiarity, including data visualization, scripting, and functional programming
- Current and activeSecret (TopSecret)clearance
- Working knowledge in various aspects of Unmanned Aerial Systems (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications)
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development.
- Software development experience using C++ or another Object-Oriented language.
- Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations.
- Experience with 6DOF/CLS models
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top