Engineer Systems Modeling & Simulation 3 - Operations Analysis
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop GrummanAerospace Systems is seeking an Engineer SystemsModeling & Simulation 3 to work within our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in El Segundo, CA.
This individual reports to the Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis IPT. The ideal candidate will develop and integrate air-to-air capabilities into AFSIM, as well as develop operational analysis models, methods, and simulations capabilities to represent advanced concepts and technologies. This individual will be working on developing capabilities to support military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, and military utility. This candidate should have strong problem solving skills, be highly motivated to perform and grow, and possess a strong work ethic. Proficiency and technical understanding of AFSIM, MATLAB, C/C++, and Python are essential to the success of this role.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Knowledge and experience developing operational analysis models, methods, and simulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of AFSIM, MATLAB, C/C++, and Python
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Back to top