Engineer Systems - Launcher Requirements
At Northrop Grumman, our work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technologies protects. It's the value of innovation that makes a difference today and tomorrow. Here you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful; where employees share experience, insights, perspectives and creative solutions through integrated product & cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups. From engineering and manufacturing, to operations and business development, Northrop Grumman's Sunnyvale location offers the opportunity to serve national security and impact the lives of Americans all over the globe from the landscape of Northern California. Don't just build a career, build a life at Northrop Grumman Sunnyvale.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking Engineer Systems to join the System Requirements team. This individual will work with internal and external customers to develop system architecture, hardware and software design solutions, establish new program/project start-ups, and develop/manage risk assessments. Our work is mission critical and directly contributes to national security.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate Systems Engineering activities with program management, project leads and engineers, and functional management
- Interface with internal and external customers for Systems Engineering activities
- Develop and update performance and detail specifications, requirements traceability, verification cross reference matrix, and verification traceability in DOORS while working closely with internal and external customers
- Develop and update interface control documents to document the internal and external interfaces
- Generate and update verification artifacts supporting system design verification
- Support preparation, conduct, and closeout for SRR, PDR, SFR, PDR, CDR, SVR and other formal program reviews
- Attend and participate in technical and peer reviews as independent reviewer
The ideal candidate enjoys supporting multiple projects. Your work will vary from day and you need to be comfortable juggling multiple tasks in support of different objectives. The ability to prioritize and be agile is a must as we flex to meet client needs. An individual with good judgment and initiative will do well at this facility as there is lots of opportunity for career growth.
Travel is occasional, consisting of visits to customer and other contractor offices for technical reviews, meetings, and working groups. Travel may increase in frequency as systems activity increases.
- Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) and 2+ years of relevant work experience, or a Masters degree in a STEM discipline
- 1+ years of combined experience in the following: MBE/MBSE OR requirements development and management
(note: please make sure this experience is clearly shown on the resume)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance
- Managing and developing requirements in DOORS or equivalent requirements management tools
- Model Based Engineering (MBE) / Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools (MagicDraw)
- Verification and validation activities
- Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Office, military, and / or related Defense systems
- Department of Defense (DoD) systems engineering principles and policies
- Active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance, interim Secret clearance, or inactive Secret clearance (last active within 2 years)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top