Engineer Systems Integration and Test 2
Join Northrop Grumman Mission Systems and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The Avionics and Tactical Networks (A&TN) team is searching for a Integration and Test Engineer 2 to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in a dynamic and highly-technical working environment. At Northrop Grumman’s Avionics and Tactical Networks (A&TN) Operating Unit, our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation radio systems for our armed forces. The A&TN Engineering Organization is seeking a highly-motivated, junior-level Integration and Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will become part of the A2AD (Anti Access Area Denial) group which is an exciting and growing department responsible for providing multifunction SIGINT and Communications functions on multiple, simultaneous RF channels to the world’s most sophisticated platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execute integration and test events for a network communications subsystem
- Develop integration and test documentation for network communications systems
- Assemble, integrate and configure equipment in a system integration lab environment
- Conduct testing with distributed remote systems test environments
- Develop verification and validation plans, deployment plans, and hardware/software troubleshooting plans for a distributed environment
- Work under the direction of senior integration and test engineers
- Work collaboratively with software developers, network engineers, systems engineers, hardware specialists, vendors, and customers to identify and resolve complex integration issues
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an accredited university or equivalent military experience
- 3 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 0 years with a Master’s degree
- Experience with Systems Engineering Integration and Test and understanding of the systems lifecycle
- Exposure to root cause analysis, architectures, trade studies
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and be able to adapt quickly to change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (investigated within the last 5 years), with ability to obtain/maintain TS//SCI clearance
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows Operating Systems including command line
- Experience with Scripting languages (Python, Perl) and/or other programming languages for automation of repetitive task automation
- Tactical data link experience a plus (Link16, VMF, UCI, etc.)
- Working level knowledge of computer networking
- Experience with standard test DoD test practices
- Knowledge of cyber security plus (STIGs and RMF)
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Experience with integration and test
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top