At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Project Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Project Engineer is to provide engineering leadership, analysis, and execution support for the development of innovative systems. Focus is on change and technical integration of complex issues as well as how our solutions affect our program costs and schedules.
- Change integration and management
- Technical and program review boards leadership
- Cross IPT technical integration
- Supporting chief engineers in defect analysis and path forwards
- Integrated function capabilities
- Proposal development
- Management of engineering change proposals
- Execution and management of change requests.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 2 years of systems engineering experience -OR- Master's Degree in STEM and 0 years of experience
- Must have an Active In-scope DoD Secret Security Clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years
- The Ability to obtain additional Special Access Program (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date (contingency)
- O vertime, odd shifts, and weekend work will occasionally be required.
- Active, in-scope DoD Top Secret or SCI clearance.
- Basic communication, analysis and problem solving skills displayed.
- Basic use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Basic demonstration of skills and abilities to perform professional tasks.
- Develops recommended solutions to basic technical problems as assigned.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Basic experience in the developmental/operational test maintenance environment:
- Aircraft Design
- Aircraft Avionics & Electrical Systems
- Aircraft Testing
- Aircraft Design
- Basic experience in performing program/project briefings.
- Noted contributions to program/project upon completion of assigned tasks.
- Works under general supervision. Completes work satisfactory with for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top