Engineer Systems Architect
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Project Manager to plan and design security into the technical solution, and will act as the central point of contact for all security issues.
- Works with architects, engineers, and developers who are constructing the big picture as well as the operating components (virtualized hardware, software, and API's) and highly distributed complex applications.
- Reviews and analyzes the overall architecture of complex systems (full stack, Hardware to Software) Designs, develops and communicates software resilient solutions
- Assesses risk of system failure, security exposure, performance issues and develops an appropriate resilient solution to provide a balanced mitigation to these threats.
- Participate in application architecture and code reviews to ensure resilient principles are being incorporated into internal developed as well as vendor developed solutions
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Engineering or related field with a minimum of 9 years of experience.
- 7 years of prior relevant experience on a program of similar complexity and importance to the Government
- Extensive hands on and theoretical experience with the security design and development of highly distributed, complex applications
- Knowledge of healthcare enterprise security architecture standards
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), team and project management skills.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have Secret/Top Secret clearance or be able to obtain Secret/Top Secret clearance.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Engineering or related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Experience working on mission critical applications for a Federal Government customer is desirable
- Experience with healthcare applications and terminology, specifically supporting the Defense Health Agency
- Expertise with health IT interoperability standards such as Dicom, HL7, IHE, & FHIR
- Demonstrated understanding of hospital information systems, electronic health records, and health information exchanges
- Experience with DoD Risk Management Framework
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top