Engineer Systems Architect 5 for Space Applications
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking for an experienced Mission System Engineer for our Baltimore, MD team. This position will support the direction and priority of new concepts and evaluate the applicability of key technologies within the Northrop Grumman Corporation Mission Systems Sector Space ISR Systems Division and will report to the Mission Solutions- Space Department.
This role is focused on integrating key payload and ground processing technologies into the technical design solutions and architectures for current and adjacent business opportunities and be responsible for creating and implementing the overall technology solution strategies. The selected candidate will be focused on the activities to develop key technologies, integrate and shape solutions for Advanced Missions, Integrated National Systems and Remote Sensing business units and will support the creation of new strategies to win and execute future development programs. In addition, the candidate must have a strong understanding of the integration of technologies, have a systems-of-systems engineering approach to develop derived requirements during early stages of development, have a solid understanding of sensor design and technologies, and mission performance assessment.
The candidate will perform technical planning, concept and requirements development, systems engineering leadership, make-or-buy decisions, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis, execute work packages, and assessment of effectiveness.
The selected candidate will be able to evolve systems requirements from top level needs, think critically to make design and technology decisions, understand and manage technical and programmatic risks to provide program guidance, evaluate operations analysis results and establish guidance on systems capabilities. He or she will lead various proposal efforts, write white papers, provide technical guidance to the development team and interface with senior customer officials and internal executive leadership.
Position may be located in Aurora, CO; Boulder, CO; Linthicum, MD; or Redondo Beach, CA.
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with 14 years of technical engineering experience in product or program development (12 years with Masters, 9 years with PhD)
- Experience in front end mission analysis including working with the customer to refine their needs, identifying core program objectives, defining measures of effectiveness (MOE), identifying design drivers as well as constraints and ensuring the validity of mission requirements are analyzed and assessed for mission deficiencies whenever impacted by cost, schedule, performance or risk
- Experience performing trade studies and analysis including: analysis of alternatives (AoA), system/cost effectiveness studies and the synthesis of the use of new versus non-development products and processes to assist in the selection of system concepts, designs and solutions
- Experience leading or managing teams of individual contributors in complex environments
- Demonstrated capability in system of system design, integration and fielding space systems
- Previous experience briefing senior customer officials and executive management
- Experience in a capabilities based development and demonstration program
- Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain special program access
- Master of Science in a STEM field
- Active SCI security clearance with counterintelligence polygraph
- RF and/or Electro-Optical development and implementation experience for Space Applications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top