Engineer Systems Architect 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a System Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems (NGMS) team, working across programs with software developed with XV-OMS. The ability to provide new functionality within XV-OMS and improve the security posture of the software IAW industry best practices for a web-enabled application is a key component of the position.
The selected candidate will devise, develop, and deploy the OODT (Owner Operator Digital Thread) OMS component to address specific unaddressed requirements while providing enhanced program discriminators. Additionally, responsibilities will include providing direction to subordinates utilizing management guidelines & general policies, and planning project performance by addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality.
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Position of Public Trust.
- Minimum Education / Experience: 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Experience in developing / configuring / maintaining software developed by XV-OMS
- Experience managing project teams
- Ability to apply and/or develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with executive-level leaders, both internally and externally
- Ability to prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development, and analyze system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls
- Ability to plan R & D programs and recommend technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives
- Serves as consultant to top management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements
- Ability to provide modifications and/or recommendations for improved performance.
- Computer programming (OO methodology, Java, C , C, VB, SQL and Win32 API)
- NET, XML, XAML, ASPX, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Server, Linux/Unix
- Algorithm design/optimization
- CAC/PKI/Smart Card applications
- US Air Force experience
- Agile development experience a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top