Engineer Systems Architect 4 (18-067) (18-112)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- System Architect/Engineer. Member of the Systems Engineering Functional Area.
- This role is an individual contributor working design and development of operational system capabilities for the C2BMC system in the Ballistic Missile Defense System.
- Support modeling and artifact creating for the C2BMC (ICDs, Design Changes, new BMDS requirements, etc.) Based on understanding of the design and results of comparisons, use related systems engineering tools and documents to analyze, understand, and propose changes to systems architecture models, systems engineering analyses, user CONOPS &
system OPSCONs, and system and interface requirements specs in support of the C2BMC program.
- Role could later include: coordinate engineering disciplines in resolving system level issues.
- Learn, understand, and represent the point of view of the warfighters, operators and systems owners, and see to that it is properly respected throughout the engineering efforts.
- Understand system-to-system interfaces.
- Some travel required.
- Position will be assigned supporting SMR Analysis and SE Support to Cyber and Network Functional Areas for SE
Architecture SME Support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or Technology and 8 years of experience.
- Active Secret DoD security clearance is required for the position
- A successful applicant should have a proven track record of successfully applying system engineering and architecture principles to system design and development.
- Candidates must have experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software and specialty engineers to
develop solutions using engineering processes and methods.
- Communicating the desired capabilities to a diverse group of developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users.
- The successful candidate must also have a solid understanding of networkingconcepts and how to architect a geographically distributed
system utilizing communication networks while maintaining a secure posture.
- The Architect must understand systems architecting and architecture models.
- Ability to analyze high level needs and systems concepts and represent them in engineering architectural models.
- Experience with BMDS systems (e.g. GMD, Aegis, Patriot, GCCS, STARS, PDS-M, THAAD) is desirable.
- Masters degree highly desirable
- Familiarity with the application and use of systems engineering tools for requirements management (e.g. DOORS and Enterprise Architect) is a plus.
- Skills desired include: identification and definition of desired capabilities, system-of systems definition, integration practices and methods, understanding and appreciation of information assurance, maintenance, operation, and logistics concerns, and their application to the requirements, design, and development phases, and MDNT program processes and work products.
- Experience in ballistic missile defense or air defense operations is highly
- Familiarity with the C2BMC system and the missile defense domain or any other Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) systems is desirable.
Back to top