Engineer Systems Architect
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Space Systems Engineering Organization within Aerospace Systems Engineering has an opening for a Systems EngineerArchitect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Space Park Center of Excellence to include Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo CA.
This role will perform thread systems engineering for design and interface requirements. The position requires experience with STK and orbit analysis. Duties include requirements development, verification plans, capability assessments evaluation, non-compliance adjudication, IRD and DR development, cross-program collaboration, and support to lower level development entities including major subcontractors. Strong background in Systems Engineering with emphasis on interface definitions required.
Candidates should have academic and/or work experience in multiple engineering disciplines; mechanical, electrical, RF, control systems, data systems. Working knowledge of design and requirements development tools is helpful. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)discipline from an ABET accredited institution and2+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)discipline from an ABET accredited institution
- Ability to obtain and maintaina DoD clearance
- Masters' Degree in System Engineering
- Knowledge system engineering concepts and process
- Knowledge in working with Model Based Systems Engineering, Systems Architecture, and Modeling Tools (Cameo Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, PTC Integrity Modeler, etc.)
- DoD or SCI clearance a plus
Back to top