Engineer Systems 5 - Computation Electromagnetic Developer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is one of the industry leaders in Stealth Technology. As such, we are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of Low Observable (LO) platforms. We are currently looking for experienced Low Observable / Survivability engineers to work on a variety of challenging projects. One area where we are in need of talent is Computational Electromagnetics (CEM) Software Development.
As a System Survivability CEM Software Developer, you will:
Manage Project budgets and report on technical cost and schedule performance;
Research and develop advanced matrix solver techniques and electromagnetic formulations;
Review new technologies and ideas from academic publications or industries; Develop prototypes to evaluate their accuracy and effectiveness;
Identify software performance and feature shortcomings, and establish plans to address them;
Integrate new solver modules into existing computational electromagnetic software;
Maintain and debug computational electromagnetic software;
Work with supercomputers or high performance computing platforms to maximize software performance and debug platform-specific bugs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABETaccredited university and 14+ years of engineering experience in an Aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an ABET accredited institution and 12+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- 5+ years of EM theory and RF/RCS phenomenology
- Experience in successful implementation of advanced matrix solver techniques and/or EM formulations
- Experience with program languages such as C, C++, or Fortran
- An Active Secret DoD clearance and the ability to obtain SAP/SAR access
- Master's or Doctoral Degree in Math, Physics, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline from an accredited college or university
- A comprehensive understanding of Systems Survivability and the techniques used to control aircraft electromagnetics signatures
- Experience with modeling and predicting electrical characteristics of materials
- Demonstrated ability, within diverse LO technologies, to develop new project requirements and implementation strategies, including significant project management skills and proven success leading teams to execute projects on schedule within budget
- Expertise at one or more of following programming languages: C, C++, Fortran
- In-depth software development experience with high performance computing platforms and concurrent programming (OpenMP and MPI)
- Significant knowledge associated with managing cost type contracts, earned value, risk management & management of suppliers; and familiarity with the Low Observable customer community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, extensive mentoring experience, and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated capability to make good and difficult decisions amidst incomplete data that impacts team direction and team performance outcomes
- Working knowledge with Defense Industry RCS/RF tools
- Good written and verbal communication skills, mentoring experience, and good interpersonal skills
- Current active Top Secret DoD access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top