Engineer Systems 5
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer 5 to work within our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Sacramento (McClellan), CA. Qualified individuals must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an agile program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, testing and deployment. The ideal candidates will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, innovation, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with minimal direction and oversight. The selected candidate will be expected to engage with NGC leadership, external business partners and customers, as required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performing detailed data analysis and trending.
- Troubleshooting system anomalies.
- Serving as the subject matter expert on parts of a complex system.
- Providing technical recommendations to management and customers.
- Developing activity test plans for operations products.
- Creating, reviewing, and maintaining critical system documentation.
- Utilizing a variety of tools to support engineering activities and anomalies.
- Identifying and implementing new or improved tools and processes to increase team efficiency.
- BS degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) discipline is required with a minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience in systems/software engineering; or Masters degree (STEM) with 10 years of relevant work experience
- An active DoD Top Secret SCI clearance
- 5 years of experience with signal processing
- 5 years of experience with SIGINT or ELINT
- 5 years of hardware/software/systems integration
- C/C programming
- IPT Leadership experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top