Engineer Systems 5
Northrop Grumman Technology Services Sector is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of health and human services technology for modernization of systems in the States. This position will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health and Social Service Solutions Operating Unit. As a long standing provider of Information System services for various State Health and Social Services agencies, the Northrop Grumman team has a deep understanding of the requirements to build, integrate, deploy and support critical human services systems in the State. This position will assist our team of information system professionals that have demonstrated their ability to serve MT DPHHS and implement the Modular Healthcare Program projects. This position will be instrumental in expanding Northrop Grumman's position in the State Health and Social Services market. The Systems Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for Medicaid MMIS and related Health and Human Services systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, implementation, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works with a team of resources that support the development of business and functional architecture models, requirements and manage the development of software to improve quality and automated test scripts for the Common Product Lifecycle Management (CPLM) initiatives.
- Supports modeling tools trade studies, architecture development, requirements engineering and software development for Model Based Engineering.
- Manages the development of requirements, workflows, and interface definitions in support of CPLM development.
- Manages the development of automated test scripts to buyoff requirements on behalf of Engineering based on the delivered solution.
- Collaborates in a team environment, prioritizes and adjust tasks to accomplish project results, prioritizes multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishes them simultaneously, and comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 9 years' experience; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current Health and Human Services Medicaid Management Information Systems
- Knowledge of modern software development and architecture principles.
- Experience with requirements analysis
- Experience with system integration approaches and deployments
- Relevant work experience in the health care industry, preferably in MMIS and/or Medicaid enterprise systems
- Experience developing in an Agile environment.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter
- Large Systems Integration expertise
- Systems Architecture experience
- Systems Modeling experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top