Engineer Systems 4/5
The Undersea Systems business unit is the center of excellence for complex unmanned systems and solutions across the maritime environment. The business unit is seeking a Maritime Mission System Analyst to join the Systems Engineering, Integration & Test department. A mission system analyst is responsible for constructing, running, and analyzing engagement models and simulations (comprised of physics-based performance and environment models and turn-based behavioral models based on Customer supplied concepts of operations and scenarios) in order to evaluate mission effectiveness and preferred solutions.
- The individual shall be familiar with the modeling, simulation & analysis (MS&A) process, especially in regard to engagement, mission, and theater-level “war-gaming”. They will have experience converting a customer defined scenario into a fully executable set of models and simulations based on knowledge of systems, tactics and operations then running Monte Carlo simulations to collect metrics and analyze mission effectiveness. The individual will also be able to synthesize new scenarios and CONOPS for developmental systems and proposed system and system-of-system concepts. In addition, they will have experience creating new models, tactics and simulations for developmental systems that must be modeled at an appropriate level of fidelity.
- The individual shall be a self-starter and able to communicate effectively with team members, senior staff members, and Customer representatives.
- The individual shall have a BS in STEM field (science, technology, engineering, or math).
- The individual shall have a current DoD Secret clearance and a willingness to obtain a Top Secret/SCI
- Typical Minimum Education / Experience for a Band 4 Engineer: 9 Years with Bachelors; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Typical Minimum Education / Experience for a Band 5 Engineer: 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD
- The preferred candidate would have experience as a Naval Warfare Systems Operations Analyst with a proven track record in engagement, mission, and theater level modeling, simulation and analysis of anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and/or anti-surface warfare (ASuW) engagements. They would be familiar with the blue and red orders of battle for ASW and ASuW in regions of interest. They would be familiar with blue and red submarine, surface and airborne platforms, sensors, weapons, concepts, and tactics.
- The preferred candidate would have operational or tactics experience with other Naval mission areas including MCM, ISR, Electronic Warfare, etc.
- The preferred candidate would have experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) and planning for Monte Carlo simulations and analysis.
- The preferred candidate would have experience with modeling SONAR system performance and/or acoustic propagation using tools such as CASS/GRAB, PC-IMAT and PC-SWAT.
- The preferred candidate would have experience with commercial and DoD modeling and simulation applications and tools such as AFSIM, NAVAL SIMULATION SYSTEM (NSS), STK, Flames, Phoenix Integration ModelCenter, Matlab, World Wind, TAP, etc.
- The preferred candidate shall have experience leading a team of other modelers and analysts as well as project management experience including project definition and resource planning skills.
- The preferred candidate would have an advanced degree in STEM field.
- The preferred candidate would have a current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top