Engineer Systems 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Systems Engineer 4. The qualified applicant will join a technical team which supports programs ranging from Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) SIGINT payloads to mission support to cutting edge internal research and development efforts.
You will help:
- Develop systems meeting cost, schedule, quality, customer requirements and industry standards based on existing product.
- Allocate system requirements to lower level assemblies and modules and maintain Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix
- Disseminate system requirements to lower level assemblies and modules to be designed and implemented by the engineering team.
- Work with and lead a team including Software, Firmware, Hardware, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineers
- Contribute to and preside over design reviews
- Draft and execute integration and test plans and product acceptance test procedures
The primary NGC work location is in McClellan, CA. Occasional travel to other CONUS customer sites and test areas will be required.
- Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline and a minimum of nine years of design and integration experience, or Masters degree with seven years of design and integration experience.
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government TS/SCI security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Leadership skills needed to manage a small team of engineers
- Ability to estimate, plan and schedule work
- Working knowledge of airborne ELINT/SIGINT systems and signal types
- Experience drafting engineering system requirements based on customer needs and feedback
- Familiarity with RF systems analysis and development
- Experience using lab equipment including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and network analyzers
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic systems, characterize, document and update product bug reports in a tracking database, and verify bug fixes
- Master's degree in a relevant technical specialty
- Active TS/SCI Clearance within the last 24 months
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and digital receivers
- Can use Matlab and Excel as analysis tools
- Familiar with Linux operating system, and/or the use of scripts and command line programs
- High frequency analog or digital hardware skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top