Engineer Systems 4
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer Systems 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected individual will support various efforts in Requirements and Verification for the Command and Data Handling Subsystem. Responsibilities include developing performance analysis, requirements & interfaces, subsystem verification, test requirements analysis, system integration & test planning and execution.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABETaccredited university and9+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an ABET accredited university and7+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment.
- Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or active SCI
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on military aircraft / spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience using DOORS
- Academic and work experience should include the support of several of the following disciplines: Electrical design and analysis, functional analysis of requirements, design/integration and test, trade studies, performance analysis, interface control, and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under limited direction within the scope of an assignment and use independent judgment in determining methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to lead working groups and technical interchange meetings. Must be an exceptional analytical problem solver and systems-level thinker.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top