Engineer Systems 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services seeks a Systems Engineer (SE) 4 to join our growing team in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The ideal candidate will have experience leading major modifications on B-2 platforms. The SE will participate in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) in technical planning, system integration, verification, validation, cost & risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes; coordinating the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications
- Oversees operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Act as a primary customer contact for program activities as well as lead program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test.
- Establish milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of programs.
- Direct the work of employees assigned to the program.
- Support the development of new business by expanding the product line with the current customer or with new customers within the Department of Defense or industry.
- Participate in presenting company capabilities to potential customers and in the development of potential solutions to customer requirements.
- Plan R&D programs and recommendations for technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- 6 years of experience leading or managing technical aerospace programs
- 9 years' experience with a related Bachelors in Science or Engineering; 7 years with Masters; 4 years with PhD.
- Must have current, active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Must have B-2 Aircraft Modernization Management experience
- Experience with aircraft systems to include avionics, radar, communications, navigation, hydraulics, structures, flight controls, fuels and propulsion
- Experience with environmental, cybersecurity, nuclear hardness and airworthiness B-2 platform requirements
- Business & financial forecasting & reporting acumen
- Strong customer engagement skills
- Proven experience in successfully growing a business
- Experience managing an Integrated Product Team
- Experience leading or managing technical Air Force programs
- Experience in successfully managing $40M programs
- Experience in large embedded software systems
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- Business development background including proposal development and Red Team support
- Software Development Management
- Experience managing analysis of structural loads, flight dynamics, electrical loads, thermal loads and weight and balance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top