Engineer Systems 4
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
We are seeking a Project Manager in Seaside, California. The position will support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Sustainment Support II contract within the Defense Manpower Database (DMDC) PSA division. The project manager will be responsible for managing enhancements, operations, maintenance, and other activities associated with the PSA applications.
The successful candidate will have strong project management skills and complete understanding of software development principles, concepts and techniques.
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
- Oversees the execution and completion of projects
- Develops, implements, and tracks project metrics to report performance
- Work collaboratively with all entities involved in the project and will serve as a liaison between customers and technical teams.
- Coordinate activities for the team and gather metrics for reporting purposes and process improvement.
- Prepares, develops and maintains the project plan and schedule to meet all project objectives
- Routinely tracks plans and schedules activities, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Utilizes project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Assist with the definition of strategic direction of various DMDC products
- Assist in improving organization standards and guidelines.
- Conducts presentations for customer meetings as required
- Assists management with recruiting, facilitation of meetings, conferences, and travel Provides budget analysis, labor planning, and coordination of activities between client and company personnel
- B.S. , M.S., and/or Ph. D and project management experience. (10 years of experience is required with an BS, 8 years with MS and 6 years with PhD)
- Experience capturing, verifying and managing requirements and requirement traceability in support of product development, test and delivery
- Ability to analyze existing development lifecycle processes / procedures to identify possible refinements & enhancements
- Experience with large interconnected systems
- Outstanding verbal and written skills are essential
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, Project, and Vision
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- US Citizenship and an active Secret level security clearance.
- Active Top Secret clearance and/or SSBI.
- Experience working within the DMDC PSA division.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for developing requirements, including but not limited to the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- PMP certification
- Experience with querying and analyzing data
- Software application development experience a plus, including familiarity with the various phases of the software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Jira and MS Share Point
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top