Engineer Systems 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is currently seeking a Systems Engineer 4. The qualified applicant will join a technical team which supports programs ranging from Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) SIGINT payloads to mission/maintenance support to internal research and development efforts. The System Engineer provides technical management, system design, engineering development, system integration, hands-on build and test, field operations and maintenance, training, and production.
In addition, this position will provide project management tasks such as managing a work package and leading cross-disciplined teams to specify, design, build, and test SIGINT subsystems for IRADs and prime contractors. This position also includes
- Working with customers and prime contractors and establishing Statement of Work (SOW)
- Generating and review System and Subsystem specs
- Creating and maintaining Integrated Management Schedules (IMS) and establishing cost and schedule baseline
- Leading cross-disciplined team to execute IMS
- Leading Initial Baseline Reviews (IBR)
- Leading Program reviews such as Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), and Test Readiness Review (TRR)
- Ensuring the team creates and delivers contractual documents according to the baseline schedule
- Follow up on risks mitigation and work with customers and the team to close out action items
The primary NGC work location is in McClellan, CA. Occasional travel to other CONUS customer sites and test areas will be required.
- Nine years experience working on SIGINT airborne sensors
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance (US Citizenship is required for this)
- Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline or equivalent (Military experience or MBA)
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of communications theory
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top