Engineer Systems 4
Northrop Grumman is seeking a qualified and experienced Systems Engineer to join our team of skilled, diverse individuals. This position will be located on-site in a government customer facility at Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO. This position will require the ability to effectively work alongside software developers, testers and operations specialists throughout the full lifecycle development.
As System Engineering Lead, the successful candidate will lead a team of System Engineers working with several multi-contractor work centers in direct support of development, test, integration, and implementation of an operational satellite ground system. The candidate will use systems engineering methods and tools to accomplish customer/contract goals and support program management in development, enhancement, and maintenance of the operational baseline. The candidate will be responsible for executing duties in accordance with Northrop Grumman and contract policies and procedures. The position is onsite at Schriever AFB, CO.
- Leads Systems Engineering operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing resources
- Provides as-needed engineering design solutions to address deficiencies, discrepancies or new requirements related to hardware and communication components
- Gathers customer requirements, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
- Supports architectural trade studies and designing of engineering solutions
- Participate in the Risk and Opportunity management process
- Facilitate technical baseline review, support coordination of updates, coordinate technical agreements, and influence CONOP
- Perform evaluation and trending of system and program metrics
- Document and maintain SE processes
- Perform detailed trade studies and interface directly with third party vendors
- Brief project progress, design reviews (PDR/CDR), and system anomalies to the government customer
- Troubleshoot system and determine root cause
- 9 Years' experience with a Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Year with Ph.D.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of System Engineering and Software development life cycle
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong team building and organization skills in a high paced dynamic environment
- Ability to clearly relay technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical people, written and verbally
- Experience with Serena Business Management (SBM) or other lifecycle tools
- Experience with Dimensions RM or other requirements management tools (Requisite Pro, TeamCenter SE, DOORS, or an equivalent system)
- Ability to interface with a wide variety of specialist within the organization including software developers, technical writers, and management
- Familiarity with Risk and Opportunity management processes
- Familiarity with real-time, critical systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top