Engineer Systems 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for anEngineer Systems4to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
This position is a System Engineering role within AMP SE&I Systems Integration. The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for external interface testing: procedure development, checkout, and execution of multi-segment testing (MST) events. This role is designed to overlap with a subject matter expert who will train the selected candidate through testing exercises. Job duties include: procedure development & checkout, Multi-segment test execution (at Factory & Site), coordination internal to the AMP program as well as with the customer and external community - MST Lab upkeep (networks, ADPE, COTS, etc.), and support to the greater System Integration team (ICD development, proposal support, etc.).
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an ABET accredited institution and 9+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an ABET accredited institution and 7+years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Current SCI or SSBI security clearance is required, restricted program access required to start.
- AMP Ground Element knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of the GICD
- Test procedure development Experience
- Test execution experience
- Linux OS and command line experience
- Perl & Java scripting knowledge
- Ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS facilities
- Basic knowledge of networks
- Knowledge of Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services
- XTD (external test driver) experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top