Engineer Systems 4 17-738 Electronic Attack & Electronic Protection
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United
States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The selected individual will support development of functional, performance, and interface concepts and requirements for Electronic Protection and Electronic Attack (EP/EA) capabilities of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) in a model based systems engineering environment.
- Individual will participate in development of system/component trade studies and analysis using established methodologies.
- Develops UML based design packages supporting definition, analysis, and architectures needed to document, allocate and trace BMD System and Element level requirements.
- Individual may be responsible for the planning and progress reporting of tasks and coordination with functional and technical working group leads, senior National Team management, and government counterparts/stakeholders.
- The individual is responsible for the documentation of requirements analysis in DOORS, System Architect, reports, and data archives. Individual will create and present briefings within the team and to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and supporting organization stakeholders
- Basic Qualifications:
9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
Electronic Protection and Electronic Attack (EP/EA) engineering background. Must demonstrate knowledge/expertise in developing/writing and analyzing system-of-system level requirements.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities along with horizontal integration skills.
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of complex system-of-systems technical problems that require ingenuity, innovation and collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to perform and understand multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment leading focused eams comprising 10-15 multi-functional engineers/technicians.
- Experience leading teams in performing systems engineering and/or functional specification and interface specification development.
- Experience in EP/EA systems within a Missile Defense element such as Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Theater High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), Patriot, Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Command Control Battle Management Communication (C2BMC).
- Familiarity / Experience with DOORS or similar requirements engineering tool, and UML/SysML/DoDAF modeling with tools such as System Architect, Rhapsody, Magic Draw, etc.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top