Engineer Systems 3/4
The SIGINT Technology Center (STC) is where Technology and Teamwork come together to meet the unique needs of the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense. The qualified applicant will join an engineering team which supports the operations & maintenance of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) SIGINT payloads. This position requires the candidate to work side by side at a customer site with engineering responsibilities including trouble-shooting, problem reporting, root cause analysis, and resolution of deployed systems. The ideal candidate will also gather customer feedback and new requirements for additional engineering tasking and participate in design and support of new UAV payload systems. A broad range in SIGINT/Geolocation system operation is desired. The candidate must work well with customers, and hardware/software engineers to maintain the availability and reliability of multiple operational assets.
The primary work location is Chantilly, VA. Substantial time at the customer site in Northern Virginia may be required. Occasional support may be required outside of normal working hours at the customer site. Travel to other CONUS customer sites and test areas will be required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with five years of hardware/software systems engineering experience, or Master's degree with three years of hardware/software systems engineering experience.
- Must have experience in the operations and maintenance of SIGINT/Geolocation systems.
- U.S. Citizenship. Must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
- UAV/Aircraft Integration of SIGINT payload systems
- Virtual Machine (VMWare) Implementation
- Network Architecture Design/Development, and Systems Administration
- Knowledge of communications theory (standard interfaces and protocols, networking, SATCOM, data links, cellular, wireless, etc…)
- Document systems design, systems analysis, system interface design, and systems integration
- Development of new capabilities and integration of systems into an existing network infrastructure.
- Customer focused and effective communicator with operators, engineering, and program management
- Ability to complete trade study analysis of government-provided HW/SW systems as a part of technology evaluation, as well as review of customer processes and procedures
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong problem solving skills, demonstrated by frequent and successful application of technical standards, theories, concepts, and techniques
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top