Engineer Systems 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for anEngineer Systems3to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform subsystem level analyses to support verification efforts.
- Role includes generating performance capability based on unit or level data.
- Duties include requirements development, verification planning, capability analysis/assessment, non-compliance adjudication, support to lower level development entities.
- Also responsible for initiating and completing baseline changes through technical and configuration control boards, and guiding engineering change proposals to closure.
- Will apply appropriate rigor to NG SE processes and resolve information gaps.
- Perform subsystem and system-level planning with generation of Verification methods and approaches including coordination with customer and other external counterparts.
- Development of limitations and constraints database and management of system SWaP budgets.
- Requires strong presentation skills and teamwork.
- Frequent interfacing with external Customers and senior NG management including regular presentations and status.
- Role will present a unique opportunity for high level visibility and career growth and development.
- Strong background in Systems Engineering with emphasis on interface definitions required. DOORS experience a plus.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an ABET accredited institution and5+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an ABET accredited institution and3+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Previous Systems Engineering experience with emphasis on interface definitions required.
- Active In-Scope SCI Security Clearance
- Masters' Degree in System Engineering
- Knowledge system engineering concepts and process
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- DOORS experience is a plus
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearancea plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top