Engineer Systems 3
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer who serves as the program technical lead and architect for ISR platform modernization projects. This position will be located at Martin State Airport in Middle River, MD.
The duties and responsibilities for the selected candidate will include, but not be limited to:
Conducts trade studies, model /simulation, architecture and requirements development for new projects, with a focus on Satellite Communications, Signals/Electronic Intelligence and imaging systems integrated into commercial derivative aircraft. Drafts white papers and proposals to get projects funded. Assists with the development and validation of project requirements. Assists the program change configuration board with assessing and planning execution of ECP's and other change modifications needed t execute projects. Helps develop test criteria and test plans. Integrates airworthiness requirements into all ECP's and test plans. Assists with the development of CONOPs to support the fielding and evaluation of new capabilities. May make occasional travel to field sites to assist in technical issue resolution, spiral capability deployment or field evaluation. Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment is a must. The ideal candidate has broad fundamental systems engineering skills and deep domain knowledge in RF engineering or Satellite Communications systems.
- BS Degree in engineering, science, math or a related field and 5 years of related experience; 3 years with a Master's degree in a related field
- DoD Secret clearance, with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- At least 4 years experience within the electronics/electrical engineering, RF engineering or systems engineering fields
- Ability to travel 10%, including the ability for overseas travel to austere environments
- DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Former military experience within the aviation, special forces, or intelligence communities
- Former experience with satellite communications systems installed on aircraft or general RF engineering experience
- CSEP certification
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Former experience with research and development projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top