Engineer Systems 3
Join Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems team of men and women solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are seeking a Systems Engineer in the Integration and Test department for a highly competitive software engineering opportunity with our team in the Airborne and Terrestrial SIGINT Operating Unit in McClellan (Sacramento), CA. We are making contributions daily to the safety of our country.
Up to 25% travel to support Flight Testing (both domestic and international).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Generate and execute test plans for complex software/hardware systems
- Identify, isolate and provide solutions for problems discovered during testing
- Utilize signal test equipment
- Develop tools to support lab testing i.e. GUI
- Run software tests to analyze digital signal processing algorithms
- Diagnose integration problems among products and implement fixes and enhancements
- Run software on diverse platforms including Unix, Linux and Windows based operating systems.
- Utilize configuration management tools and related software development tools
- Solve complex technical issues applying appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle with limited supervision
- Support testing in Software Lab environment as well as Flight line Environment
- Work individually and as part of a team requiring little supervision
- Bachelor Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited institution with at least 5 years of relevant work experience, or Masters with 3 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in test planning (Software or Flight Test)
- Relevant work experience in software development using Python, Java, C/C
- Relevant work experience with scripting languages
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Currently hold a Secret security clearance, with ability to achieve TS/SCI
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Current active Top Secret Clearance with SCI
- Prior experience in software testing
- Prior experience with implementing visual design and develop front-end UI
- Prior experience with database design, implementation, and interfacing
- Prior experience developing applications using web services or other web technologies
- Prior experience with distributed processing and data analytics
- Prior experience incorporating off-the-shelf software products/libraries into applications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top