Engineer Systems 3
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
This position will be located in McLean, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work and communicate with senior Government personnel to ensure smooth and effective translation of the business requirements into technical architecture and solutions
- Ensure compliance with security program and policies
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Assess and recommend strategies and approaches to support continuous improvement in organization, management, and technical processes and procedures
- Researching, designing, developing, and/or modifying enterprise-wide web-based systems and/or applications software.
- Assisting in planning of system development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluating interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall systems.
- Documenting, testing and maintenance of system corrections.
- Provide information, technical, and management briefings and presentations to on all aspects of the work being performed
To be considered for this position, the candidate must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- 8 years of experience with Microsoft Systems Engineering/ Administration
- Previous experience in overseeing software development projects using best practice SDLC methodologies
- Proven experience with high level operations on multiple projects
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication for presentations at all levels
- A proven ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, balancing multiple tasks, changing requirements and priorities, and short deadlines
- Communication skills to effectively interface with stakeholders
- Must have Secret/Top Secret clearance or be able to obtain Secret/Top Secret clearance.
- US Citizenship required.
- Experience with healthcare applications and terminology, specifically supporting the Defense Health Agency
- Expertise in designing, building and deploying interfaces utilizing health IT interoperability standards such as Dicom, HL7, IHE, & FHIR
- Understanding of hospital information systems, electronic health records, and health information exchanges
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top