Engineer Systems 3
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Mentors junior engineers on Systems Engineering processes and techniques.
- BS degree in STEM discipline plus 5 years systems engineering experience or MS Degree in STEM discipline plus 3 years systems engineering experience or a PhD in a STEM discipline plus systems engineering experience.
- Candidate must have current DoD Secret (or higher) clearance and have the ability to obtain a Special Access clearance (SAP/SAR)
- Need previous experience working with requirements management systems (ie DOORS, clearcase, clearview, etc)
- Experience or familiarity with military combat aircraft system design, integration and employment
- Demonstrated capability of exceptional communication skills and have a desire to work in a high performance environment
- Worked in the a System Engineering Discipline and familiarity with the Defense Acquisition University processes and requirements
- Bomber experience, preferably recent experience on the B-2 weapon system
- Experience with military communication and navigation systems; Satellite Communication, VLF, UHF, Secure Voice, Have Quick II, GPS, Data Links, etc.
- Experience with bomber type weapon delivery systems
- Experience with electronic support measure systems
- Have experience in Use Case development, requirements development/decomposition, requirement allocation, System Verification & Validation processes and hands-on experience with the tools
Position will require the use of standard Microsoft Office tools, VISIO and other applications/programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top