Engineer Systems 3- 19353
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Seeking an experienced Event Analyst (Eng III) to join its team of qualified and diverse professionals supporting the Falcon Shield networks in support of the Missile Defense Space Center (MDSC) on the JRDC program at Schriever AFB, CO. This individual will provide National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) with Event Analyst support from the programs Space Tracking and Surveillance System Advanced Fusion Center Secret Local Area Network (SASL) and JWICS resources.The Falcon Shield Event Analyst will be responsible for completing Data Extraction and Advanced IR Analysis support to NASIC by; producing and disseminating approximately 1300 extraction products a year. Complete this task by conducting playbacks of applicable/high interest Overhead Persistent Infra-Red (OPIR) events and analyzing the data using the Space Awareness Global Exploitation (SAGE) mission software. With the results, create a Formatted Event Data (FED) file and send the file(s) to NASIC for further analysis within 48 hours
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and 8 years of experience.
- Experience with Defense Support Program (DSP) Autotrack and Manual event reports.
- Experience determining which spacecraft(s) are reported in the FED file.
- Experience with JWICS and applicable websites.
- Experience with RHEL 5/6/7.
- Experience with UNIX and applicable commands (ie., grep, cp, scp, rmdir, mkdir, gedit, nedit).
- Experience with OPIR Sensors, including geometric differences between sensors and unique sensor response times, unique positioning and the differences between various OPIR platforms and configurations of the OPIR assets (i.e.
- constellations). Tasking for each sensor.
- Familiarity with the different agencies, (Space Command/MDA/NASIC/NGA/NRO/SMC).
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance and a current SI TK G HCS
- Experience working with SAGE software which will expedite the training process for this position.
- Familiar with the displays, playback functions and applicable tools.
- Experience creating documents/drawings using Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio.
- Strong organization skills to prioritize assigned work and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Works well under general supervision.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational program and goals
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top