Engineer Systems 2-19456
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Engineer Systems 2 for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Sensor Analyst to provide engineering support for the Modeling and Operations Software (MOS) Directorate Sensor Modeling Center (SMC) organization on the JRDC program at Schriever AFB, CO. The Analyst will work with a team of engineers and analysts on the development and implementation of a suite of sensor models used for element and system level analysis and verification and validation of models and simulations. The analyst will work closely with software developers and testers providing algorithm analysis and data verification. The analyst will provide analysis and integration support for BMDS events including performance assessments, exercises, wargames, element software development/testing, system development, risk reduction, ground/flight tests and mission planning. The analyst will interface directly with stakeholders and customers to provide analysis and integration support. The analyst will become an expert in OSM and OSI software configuration and setup, and may support remote installation of the OSM and OSI as well as support related analysis issues (some travel may be required). The analyst will help develop and support an OSM and OSI regression testing plan, as well as automated behavior validation. The analyst will work in conjunction with the government customer to support sensor
- Bachelor's degree in physics, mathematics, or related engineering discipline and 5 years of related experience Strong analytical background including Monte Carlo analysis and statistical regression MATLAB fluency, including data visualization and GUIs, scripting, functions, and the ability to modify and integrate third party code
- Ability to read C code
- Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations
- Experience with software V&V at the White Box and Black Box level
- Demonstrated excellence with written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environments
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Master's degree in physics, mathematics, or related engineering discipline
- Software development experience using C or other Object-Oriented language
- Technical leadership experience in a DoD contracting environment
- Experience with MDA digital frameworks including DSA, XE, SSF, and OSF
- Understanding of GFC and/or C2BMC software
- Deep understanding of radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top