Engineer Systems 2 / MATLAB/FC/BM/Algorithm Dev
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is currently in need of an Engineer Systems 2 for the Northrop Grumman Enhanced C2BMC (EC2BMC) SCOUT activities in support of the Missile Defense Agency. The objectives of the EC2BMC follow-on effort includes defining the system concepts, with emphasis on developing prototype software capabilities, supporting MDA experiments for advanced discrimination algorithms, and supporting MDA in integrating and demonstration of advanced discrimination algorithms into the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS).
The Engineer Systems 2 position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
- An Analyst position exists to work on a program that will upgrade the nation’s ballistic missile defense capability. The position is with the System Engineering (SE) team that is responsible for the development of advanced discrimination algorithms for future insertion into the BMDS.
- The Analyst will support engineering trade studies, algorithm testing, analysis tool and methodology development, End to End (E2E) simulation of flight test experiments, and other Targets of Opportunity data collections.
- Model and Simulation Pathfinder and Software Prototype software product testing
- Responsibilities include interfacing with technical leads and program management to ensure their assigned tasking meets internal and external schedules.
- 2 Years with Bachelors in Science in Aerospace, ME, Math, Physics, CS, EE or related fields; 0 Years with Masters.
- 1 - 2 years of relevant experience in a MATLAB
- 1 - 2 years experience in support of battle management and fire control research and /or algorithm development environment in support of DoD programs desired.
- Active Secret clearance.
- 3 years of relevant experience in a Matlab prototyping and development environment
- 3 - 5 years experience in battle management, fire control research, algorithm development, and/or analysis in support of DoD programs.
- Working knowledge of GMD, C2BMC, THAAD, Aegis, RF Sensors, STSS and IR Sensors.
- Experience in post-processing data, graphical representation and documentation of analysis results.
- Experience with developing analytical methods and tool sets.
- Background in advanced mathematics and statistics.
- Candidate should be a motivated and goal-oriented self starter that can work on individual tasks or in a small team atmosphere.
- The future effort could require the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance; therefore a TS clearance is desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top