Engineer Systems 2 - Integration &Test - Flight Test Support / Post Processing
We are seeking capable, talented, and motivated team-contributors at our Northrop Grumman Rolling Meadows site. Our products range from advanced sensing technologies to state-of-the-art targeting and tracking systems that are deployed in Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) and Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare (RFEW) systems. These systems are designed, developed, built, integrated, and tested by the capable folks at our company to protect the lives of US and Allied warfighters in present and future conflicts. If you are interested in consideration to be included as a part of this team, we would invite you to apply.
In Integration & Test, you will conduct integration testing and evaluate complex electronics systems from hardware/software design through aircraft installation. Your key responsibilities will be to ensure that the systems we make work – and work well. This specific role is for an individual to provide flight test support at customer locations involving a significant amount of flight test data post processing and generation of flight test reports. To complete efforts, some post processing macros would be available to start, but you will be encouraged to create additional scripts and macros to efficiently process data. As time allows, you may also be involved in the creation and execution of Integration, Design Verification Test, and Flight Test plans and procedures. Tasks can vary in location from on-site activities in one of our Systems Integration Labs (SILs) to activities out in the "field" (test events, ranges, customer sites, etc.) and they can consist across a broad spectrum of environments and complexities.
- BS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 2 years related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment in addition to serving independently as a Northrop Grumman engineer in the field
- Strong data analysis skills
- Experience with MATLAB
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance is required
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
- MS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree
- Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic systems
- Knowledge of C, C , CUDA, VHDL, OpenCL, SysML, Python, or other scripting languages
- Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas for integration and test related to EO/IR/RF systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics, detection and tracking
- Recent experience creating integration and test, design verification test and flight test plans and procedures
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top