Engineer Systems 2
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Candidate would learn and eventually be responsible for two to three payload thermal vacuum tests, including detailed performance analysis, analysis tool development, customer out-brief, and verification report. Candidate would be trained in payload simulation and calibration, with the intent that they can become the focal point for this area in a few years. Candidate would be able to extend expertise into on-orbit testing/analysis. This is a great opportunity to learn from senior System Engineers working radiometric, line-of-sight, and state-of-health performance analysis on the SBIRS payloads. Professional presentation skills, MATLAB experience, and automated computer vision analysis experience are required. C(++) or Satellite Tool Kit is a bonus. Candidates with performance analysis experience, or previous SBIRS exposure would be preferred, but not required. We are looking to train someone forlong-term commitment.
- Bachelor's ina STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 2years in software development and/or systems analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of Modeling & Simulation
- Strong analytical and programming skills(e.g. MATLAB or Python preferred)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Master's degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes and methods
- SBIRS program or similar space programrelated knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in Modeling & Simulation
- Knowledge of C++ and/or Perl
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance is preferred
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top