Engineer Systems 2
Electrical Engineer with RF engineering experience is responsible for providing systems engineering support for the lifecycle management of RF signal transmission and receiving systems. Responsibilities include RF link budget analysis, RF system analysis, frequency planning, Integrated Product Team (IPT) support and site RF survey. Individual will be responsible for analyzing problems with existing equipment and designing/implementing corrective action and modifications. Will evaluate customer requirements, determine existing system capability to meet requirements and define, design, develop and implement system changes to meet requirements that are not met by the existing system. Experience with ground systems to include transmitters, antennas, computer and control software, test equipment with a solid understanding of RF theory, signal analysis and power amplifiers. Will be responsible for determining RF test methods, working with communications and command control software, RF/Microwave equipment, System Specs, RF design and reliability/maintainability.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with RF signal transmission and receiving systems
- Experience with RF testing and signal generation, electronic maintenance, equipment troubleshooting using electronic test equipment and devices
- Ability to develop test methods to characterize and validate RF signals & performance
- Ability to travel is required
- Some shift work required
- Will work closely with other contractors and government customers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Individual will be required to climb ladders and use personnel lifts for heights to approximately 50 feet (using approved fall protection equipment), ascend and descend ~60 feet of stairs.
- Ability to install and uninstall (lift) devices weighing 50 pounds.
- Position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance with SCI and successfully complete a CI polygraph
- Experience with RF technology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top