Engineer Systems 2
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile
team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking junior/mid-level Systems Engineers within our team of qualified, diverse
individuals located in Fairfax, VA. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated fundamental analytical skills, experience applying engineering discipline best practices, experience assessing complex systems and associated data, system
development life-cycles, and electronic system operations. The qualified Systems Engineers must be flexible, self motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an agile program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases
of development, test and deployment. The ideal candidates will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, innovation, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with general direction and minimal oversight.
The candidates must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program objectives and perform their work accordingly. The junior/ mid-level engineers will have the opportunity to engagement with NGC leadership,external business partners and
customers, as required to provide technical information regarding the program.
The candidate will support an off-site System and Operation & Maintenance program located in various geographic locations to perform in a team of cross-discipline specialty engineers, and be responsible for (but not limited to) the
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk and opportunity assessments, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, system data trending & performance analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies.
- Devise modeling and measuring techniques; utilize mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and
other principles and laws of scientific disciplines.
- Support the identification, development and improvement of system operation and maintenance processes/products
- Supporting system problem/anomaly resolution; investigate and diagnose unexpected system signatures
- Identify and implement new or improved tools and processes to increase team efficiency
The positions are for various shifts, in support of 24/7 operations. Initial work will begin during 'normal day shift hours,' but will transition to shift work. Shift work will be required during training and testing activities, as well as operations. The
candidate should be prepared to work different shifts when required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering or related STEM discipline with 5 years of experience, Master's Degree in Systems Engineering with 3 years of experience, or 0 years of experience with a PhD.
- Knowledge of system life cycle and system engineering best practices; and applying engineering disciplines to real world activities/systems.
- Experience in complex system assessment/analysis; with exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with distributed computing systems and/or real-time computing/messaging systems
- Experience with defining and/or developing data reduction and analysis tools to process large amounts of data.
- Experience with MATLAB or other analysis and trending tools.
- Familiarity with Windows, UNIX, and/or Linux operating systems.
- Ability to work at a government facility within a multi-contractor (badgeless) team environment.
- U.S. Citizenship required. A current/active TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Familiarity with software development environments
- Experience with high-level coding languages and scripting/interpreted languages, such as C/C , Visual Basic, Java,
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Visio).
- Familiarity with Nagios, ClearQuest, Oracle, MySQL, and SharePoint, or related applications.
- Experience determining whether or not the system performance meets mission requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a positive, helpful, and professional demeanor.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, along with the ability to work well within a team environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top