Engineer Systems 2
We are seeking capable, talented, and motivated team-contributors at our Northrop Grumman Rolling Meadows site. Our products range from advanced sensing technologies to state-of-the-art targeting and tracking systems that are deployed in Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) and Radio Frequency Electronic Warfare (RFEW) systems. These systems are designed, developed, built, integrated, and tested by the capable individuals at our company to protect the lives of US and Allied warfighters in present and future conflicts. If you are interested in consideration to be included as a part of this team, we would invite you to apply.
In Integration & Test, you will conduct integration testing and evaluate complex electronics systems from hardware/software design through aircraft installation. Your key responsibilities will be to ensure that the systems we make work – and work well. This specific role is for an Instrumentation Systems Engineer within the Integration and Test team. Responsibilities include:
Manage the use and configuration of our suite of Data Acquisition Systems (DAS) and instrumentation to ensure DAS readiness to support test events and optimal use across a variety of different projects with complex system configurations.
Provide input to our Data Acquisition Instrumentation Roadmap. Identify requirements and make recommendations for purchases and vendor selection to ensure our DAS suite will meet future requirements as the product line becomes more complex.
Provide requirements and coordinate with internal and external suppliers to integrate hardware, software, and tools needed in our DAS suite. Author and execute acceptance test plans for DAS to ensure they will function successfully in the test environment.
Provide on-site test support in our System Integration Labs (SILs) and at customer locations involving a significant amount of post-test data post processing, data analysis and input to test reports. The successful candidate will be able to install and integrate instrumentation for use during testing, aptly support and execute test activities and data collections, conduct post-test data analysis, provide quick-look performance assessments, and trouble-shoot and resolve problems found during test.
Maintain a working inventory of DAS with up-to-date certifications.
- BS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree with 2 years related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in understanding how PC computers function, Windows OS, and computer networking principles and protocols
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to professionally interact with internal/external customers
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance is required
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- MS degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, or related technical degree
- Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic systems
- Experience with Dual Boot Windows 7® 32 and/or 64 Bit Operating systems, FPGA interfacing, and RS232, RS422, HotLink™ Video, ARINC-818, Ethernet, and MIL-STD-1553 bus protocols.
- Knowledge of Python, MATLAB, or other scripting languages and fluent ability with Microsoft Office® applications
- Experience with real-time signal processing in both firmware and software
- Recent experience creating integration and test, design verification test and flight test plans and procedures
- Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas for integration and test related to EO/IR/RF systems: sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics, detection and tracking
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top