Engineer Systems 1-19455
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Engineer Systems 1 for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Systems Engineer to provide support for the Modeling and Operations Software (MOS) Directorate Sensor Modeling Center (SMC) organization on the JRDC program at Schriever AFB, CO. The engineer will work closely with a team of systems engineers and software developers on the development of a suite of radar models and signal injectors used for element- and system-level analysis and verification and validation. The engineer will be responsible for supporting technical planning, requirement/functionality decomposition, algorithm prototyping, system integration, requirement/functional verification, analysis/testing tool development, and comparative analysis with tactical system behavior. The engineer will support SMC's two products: Open Systems Architecture Sensor Models (OSM) and Open Systems Architecture Signal Injector (OSI). The engineer will work with an Integrated Product Team (IPT) to perform holistic system life-cycle analyses of the SMC products. The engineer may participate in activities to include interfacing with stakeholders, development of systems engineering plans and processes, reviews of product deliverables, and interfacing with task/product leads in producing quality reports/products.The engineer will provide analysis and quick-turn support for various MDA events. The engineer will support integration of the OSM and OSI with existing external simulation frameworks, element models/systems, and tactical radar Signal and Data Processors (SPDP). The engineer will provide imaginative, thorough, and practicable technical solutions to complex problems that are consistent with organization objectives. The engineer will create presentations that describe and demonstrate advanced algorithms as implemented in OSM and OSI for a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in physics, mathematics, or related engineering discipline
- Capable of supporting occasional CONUS travel
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Advanced degree in physics, mathematics, or related engineering discipline
- Strong analytical background including Monte Carlo analysis and statistical regression
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, (e.g. signal processing)
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development
- Familiarity with using C or another Object-Oriented language
- Familiarity with using MySQL (or another SQL database) queries
- Familiarity with Python and/or MATLAB, including data visualization, scripting, and functional programming
- Experience working in an integrated team
- Experience with workflow/process improvement on a team
- Familiarity with the systems engineering lifecycle
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Proven excellence with written and verbal communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top