Engineer Structural Analysis Level 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Engineer Structural Analyst 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The Structural Analysis Engineer will support the F/A-18 ProductDefinition and Post Production teams. The ideal candidate will support analysis activities for production of the aircraft and new expanded capabilities and products and existing aircraft undergoingservice life modification.Support theStructural Analysis team workingon design changes toextend the fatigue lives of known critical parts and the overall airplane and designing a new Conformal Fuel Tank. Activities include asignificant amount of coordination with the Navy customer. Responsibilities include structural analysis for both metallic and advanced composite structures. Tasks include classical hand static analysis, finite element model use and development, structural integrity evaluations, and durability and damage tolerance assessments. Responsible for all types of structural parts as well as assembly analysis associated with installation of these parts in the F/A-18.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) from an accredited university or higher.
- 5 years' of experiencein structural analysis.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Structural analysis experience on aircraft structure
- Familiarity/experience with FEMAP, Patran, and Nastran FEM tools
- Experience with fatigue and durability and damage tolerance analysis.
- Experience with MS office with VBA programming skills.
- Ability to effectivelycommunications and work in a collaborative team environment.
Back to top