- Brigham City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently looking for a Nozzle Structural Engineer to work in our Promontory, UT location.
The Nozzle Structural Engineer is responsible for designing solid rocket motor nozzles for a variety of government and commercial programs. This individual will use their engineering knowledge and creativity to develop design solutions that meet technical, cost, and schedule requirements. This requisition may be filled at the higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Provide accurate, on-time 3D models, drawings and specifications for next generation nozzle designs
- Conduct and lead trade studies
- Define, develop, and qualify design changes
- Perform preliminary structural analysis of nozzle components
- Provide technical guidance and direction to engineering teams in the design, test, and production phases of a project
- Interact with development teams (including specialists in Manufacturing, Quality, Safety, Thermal, Structural, Materials, and Test) to certify creative design solutions that meet all requirements (technical, cost, schedule)
- Develop and present materials for project related briefings including design reviews to be given to internal and external customers
- Perform anomaly resolution and conduct special studies
- Participate in postfire evaluations of nozzle hardware
Back to top