Engineer Structural 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Structural Analysis Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Redondo Beach location.
- Finite element analysis of spacecraft primary and secondary structures
- Collaboration with design engineers to insure structural integrity
- Performance of detailed stress analysis using classical hand analysis and FEA
- Development of FEA models for structural analysis
- Analysis of bolted and bonded Joints
- Calculation of margins of safety on primary and secondary structure
- Analysis of fittings and fasteners
- Interaction with internal and external customers
- Documentation of analysis results, methods and calculations
- Support of structural testing including pre-test analysis, sensor selection and installation, data reduction and model correlation
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, from an accredited university and 9 years of engineering experience OR Masters of Science degree in Aerospace, Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university and 7 years of experience in engineering
- Knowledge of stiffness analysis, strength analysis, thermal distortion analysis, composite materials analysis, fracture mechanics analysis, FEA, and classical hand analysis
- Experience using industry standard structural analysis software (NASTRAN, PATRAN, FEMAP, MATHCAD, etc.)
- Must have active, in scope SCI clearance
- Experience working in a spacecraft analysis team environment
- 7 years of Space hardware structural analysis engineering experience
- Knowledge of random response, hardware testing, and model correlation
- Big picture awareness of acoustic, vibration and shock concerns
- Proficiency with analysis tools like FEMAP, NASTRAN, PATRAN, and MATHCAD)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top