Engineer Structural 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Palmdale, CA has an opening for a Structural Analysis Engineer 2. The selected candidate will perform structural analysis on metallic and composite airframe structures.
- Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
- Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines during the development of design solutions.
- Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
- Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
- Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
- BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and a minimum of 2 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis or MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil)
- Experience in Metallic or Composite Structural Analysis of primary and secondary aircraft structures.
- Experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large FE Models using NASTRAN, PATRAN and/or FEMAP.
- Active in-scope Secret clearance and ability to obtain and maintain access to Special Access Programs.
- Experience working on Special Access Programs
- Experience working on military aircraft
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top