Engineer Structural 2
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, is currently in search of a Structural Engineer 2 to support our space deployable structure programs in Carpinteria, CA.
For this junior-level Engineer, duties include:
- Performing structural analysis of metallic, non-metallic, and composite flight structures, mechanisms, and associated tooling
- Evaluating designs to stress, stability, dynamics, safe life, and thermal criteria using numerical solutions and hand calculations
- Documenting results
- Defining test requirements, monitor testing, review test results and correlate to analysis.
To qualify for this role, the candidate must have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Aerospace Engineering along with 2 years experience OR a MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Aerospace Engineering. With this experience, the candidate must have used and/or applied technical principles, theories, and concepts, as well as demonstrate the skill and ability to perform professional tasks. It is preferred to have experience with FEMAP/NASTRAN or MSC/ADAMS.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Aerospace Engineering along with 2 years experience OR
- MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Aerospace Engineering.
- Use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform professional tasks.
- Experience with FEMAP/NASTRAN or MSC/ADAMS.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top