Engineer Software Quality 3
Northrop Grumman Aerospace (NGAS) is seeking a Software Quality Engineer 3 to team and collaborate closely with systems, software, and test engineers to participate and provide technical oversight, feedback, and solution alternatives through software requirements analysis, design, code, and test. In this role, the candidate will:
- Participate in bid and proposal efforts to provide cost estimates
- Review customer, system and software requirements to ensure the flow down of requirements is complete and unambiguous
- Review and verify design documents meet appropriate standards
- Review source code and provide technical feedback and alternative solutions
- Participate in contractual reviews and audits, program/IPT meetings, and configuration control board meetings
- Perform process audits of software development processes to assure compliance to established policies, procedures, work instructions, and program specific plans.
- Examine the products associated with the preparation and configuration control of software test environments to assess the team's readiness to enter formal testing
- Witness execution of software qualification and system acceptance tests to ensure tests are executed in accordance with approved test procedures, requirements are fully verified, and that all test procedures and software anomalies are documented and tracked to closure
- Evaluate and ensure software suppliers possess the capability and capacity necessary to execute and delivery procured software with unquestionable quality
- Facilitate thorough root cause analysis on major findings and ensure appropriate corrective and preventive actions are developed and implemented in a timely manner
- Conduct data analysis, data integration, and data management
- Enhance, scale, and automate analytics capabilities, models, and visualizations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or STEM degree plus 5 years of experience programming in either of the following: C, C , C#, Java or Java Script.
- Experience in evaluating software products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have an active Secret Clearance to start
- Active Top Secret Clearance Preferred
- MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or STEM degree
- Certified quality engineer
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top