Engineer Software - MOSSAIC
- Colorado Springs, CO
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants to provide software engineering support for the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) on the Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capability (MOSSAIC) program as a Software Engineer 2. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
The Software Engineer will work closely with the software team leads and other experienced software engineers in the architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance of a suite of SENSOR systems and sub-systems. This includes element and system level code analysis, and verification and validation of software baselines, models and simulations. The Software Engineer will be an active participant on an Agile software development team to include the use of Agile processes and methodologies. The Software Engineer will contribute to all phases of the software development, integration, and sustainment lifecycle, to include working with lead software engineers on the design and development of microservices in support of current and future SENSOR capabilities. Primary responsibilities will be development, debug and unit testing of system source code, high-level and detailed design including the creation of design artifacts, and collaboration with integration, test, and analysis engineers to ensure the developed product meets Technical Performance Measurements and requirements. Responsibilities also include providing software engineering knowledge on SENSOR program system baselines and remaining current on software development industry trends and tool developments, to include micro-service design knowledge, skills. and expertise. The Software Engineer will contribute to the creation and maintenance of software coding standards. They will provide input on software processes and process improvement to SENSOR software team leads. The Software Engineer will coordinate with system subject matter experts, systems engineering, integration engineering, and test engineering groups to ensure software quality and usefulness. The Software Engineer will support design reviews, both internal and external as well as participate in technical interchange meetings (TIMs) and critical design reviews (CDRs).
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters
- Experience in Java, C++, Python, Linux scripting
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating System specific programming
- Experience in developing Software Requirements
- Familiarity with designing and developing Software using MBSE / SysML / UML, Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret Clearance
- Knowledge and skills in micro-service design
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management (CM) processes and tools (Subversion, GIT, Mercurial, GitHub)
- Familiarity with Unit testing processes, methodologies, and tools (JUnit and JMeter)
- Familiarity with Agile processes and methodologies
- Familiarity with software development tools used by Agile teams, such as the Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye and Crucible)
- Familiarity in Database development
- Experience in technical documentation and analysis
- Familiarity with creating Gradle and/or Maven build files for the building and unit testing of components and uploading of developed artifacts to Nexus and/or Artifactory repositories
- Familiarity with developing RESTful microservices primarily in Java using the Spring Boot, Spring Framework and Spring Cloud suite of products and APIs
- Familiarity with development Jenkins pipelines using the Groovy Domain Specific Language (DSL) for the build, test and deployment of developed microservices within the SENSOR Continuous Integration and Test environments
- Knowledgeable in Continuous Integration/Deployment, Devops, or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) processes and build tools (Gradle or Jenkins)
- Familiarity with the automation of provisioning and configuration of Virtual Machines (VMs) in the SENSOR Continuous Integration and Test environments using Ansible and/or Puppet
- Experience in provision development VMs using VirtualBox and Vagrant
- User Experience (UX)/Graphical User Interface (GUI) design and development
- CyberSecurity and Static Code Analysis
- Current Security + Certification , or ability to obtain one of the certifications within 6 months
- Proposal estimation, basis of estimate analytics, and technical methodologies and process engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top